Saturday 23 June 2007

New - Prussian Foot Jäger Template


And here is the first of the Prussians - one of the Feldjäger zu Fuss (wiped out rather ignominiously at Spandau in 1760. Perhaps they had a problem clumping around in those heavy boots?). There's an amusing anecdote about Old Fritz which illustrates his dislike of these sort of gentlemen; on some battlefield he spotted a jäger lurking in the bushes and asked him what he was doing. When the jäger said he was on the lookout for a good target, Frederick told him he should get out on the battlefield and fight like a man in the open!

David.

3 comments:

  1. A question - would Europe have been a more peaceful place thereafter if said Jager had decided to pop Old Fritz himself? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, David . . . I thought that you were going to slow down on cranking out uniform templates . . . hmmm?

    Mind you, I'm not complaining; but don't let this interfere with your "real life" . . . even if it is so much fun.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff,

    I have slowed down, really! Most of this is just tweaking what I've already done - although that can, in truth, take a fair bit of time as one gets absorbed in it. But I'm on a strict time rationing system now. :-)

    Thanks for the concern - I appreciate it.

    David.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...