Sunday 13 January 2013

Minden French Flags Project - Regiment Belzunce

Belzunce was first raised in 1590. It was one of the Petits Vieux regiments which traced their origins to units first created in the 16th century. The regiment ranked 10th during the SYW.

The simple colours were carried from 1749-1762, after which the regiment changed its name to Flandres.

At Minden the regiment was 4 battalions strong and formed a brigade on its own which was in the first line alongside the Picardie Brigade.




And this plate shows the uniform and flags in 1757:


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done as usual. I love this sort of French flag - simple in design, but striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Adam.

    Yes, I agree - it's a wonderfully simple design in essence but capable of great variation. Definitely one of my favourites!

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...